Monday, February 3, 2014

Two Posts In One Day.....

How rare is this for me?  LOL  I really need to get a couple  more things on my blog today, so it's a double post day.

First of all, we're having an February event at Sketches4all called "Love Is In The Air".  It starts today and will end on February 13th at midnight, EST.  If you'll visit this link ~ you'll find 8 different challenges posted by the design team.  You only need to participate in 3 of them to be eligible for the grand prize.

I'm hosting an ATC {Traditional Colors} challenge and here's the ATC I created for inspiration.


You know I love me some cardboard.  I painted this cardboard white then sprinkled it with glitter.  I did my "thing" with the Mod Podge and glitter on the last, too.  The rest of the ATC is just lots of layers of little embellishments.

Here's a close-up photograph:


Here's a close-up of the sugar lips.



I also wanted to post this ATC that I created for the Supreme Scrap Tournament ~ a world-wide scrap tournament that I entered.  I'm on the USA card team and our first "surprise challenge" was to create an ATC and the theme is "Home".  There were lots of rules and I hope I followed them.  Here's what I created.


Surprise surprise ~ I used cardboard again.  Haha  This time I painted it black.  One of the rules is that we had to have "text" on our ATC.  I found this patterned paper with script on it (by Christy Tomlinson) and combed through it until I found some words I could use.

Since we just moved, these "words" really mean a lot to me.   This ATC has MANY coats of Mod Podge on it ~ I thought it would NEVER dry.  

Here's a close-up photograph:


I wish this detail showed up on the front view this well.  I'm SO thrilled with the depth and layers I was able to get.

Here's one more close-up:


I worked a long time on this.  I thought about it for a whole day ~ how was I going to convey the theme and stay within the rules of the challenge?  Anyway, my hubby likes it ~ he's my best fan and a keen critic.  If he doesn't like something ~ he's really sweet ~ he just says, "This isn't your best work."  He liked it ~ he DID say it was quite different but "different was good this time."

Thanks for stopping by again ~ I really appreciate it!

~ Cheryl ~




5 comments:

  1. Love the cardboard bases Cheryl! Gorgeous ATCs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous! LOVING the flower on the first one and the key on the second one!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh love em both, the cardboard on the top and glitter and great quote on the bottome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them both!! Just fantastic work!1

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these! They are both gorgeous! Love the embellishments!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!! I LOVE each and every one of them!