Saturday, May 24, 2014

Happy Saturday!

Wow, where do I start?

I've been so out of touch lately.  First of all, I've been having major issues with my laptop.  I've only had it for a year next week but I'm convinced electronics are only built to last about a year anymore.  Of course, I bought a 2 years service contract on it at the store ~ which as usual was totally worthless.  It always seems like whatever problem I'm having on a computer "isn't covered".  

But I won't bore you with all the details.  I got it fixed and fortunately had my old laptop to keep me going.  I've had it for a long time and about all I could do was try to keep my emails going, which I didn't do a very good job of.  With all of that going on, my mojo went out the window.

I did create these 3 canvases that I promised my daughter I'd make.  They're honestly about all I got done in the last few weeks.  She and her co workers are all reading a book called "The One Thing" and she wanted this particular quote from the book put on canvas.  

Here's the canvas I made for my daughter's office.


Here's a close-up of some of the flowers:


This is the canvas I made for her boss.  I honestly didn't get a very good photograph of it.  I finished it VERY late at night and I was exhausted!  As you can see, it's still laying on my work surface.


Here's a close-up of how great all the gears turned out.


I love how the keys look, too.  I also added a jute bow to them.


This one is for another woman in her group.



Here's a picture that shows some of the dimension.  (Again, still laying on the work surface.)


I didn't get very good photos of any of these ~ not my usual photography job.  Like I said, I was pushing what little mojo I had to THE MAX.  Anyway, my daughter loved them and I even got a personal thank you from her boss.  That was very nice and unexpected.

The next canvas I make (that takes this much work) will be for me.  Haha  I really did enjoy the creative process and I know I'd have enjoyed it a LOT more if I hadn't been struggling with my lack of mojo.  Darn that mojo anyway!!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a good and safe Memorial Day weekend.

~ Cheryl ~


6 comments:

  1. Great set of canvasses Cheryl & a fab quote!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog & leaving such a sweet comment!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those canvases are absolutely gorgeous! Well done!! Hope your mojo comes back from vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow wow wowwwwwwwwwwww!! These are just gorgeous!! LOVING them!! And I hear you on electronics! Ugh ... frustrating!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! Amazing and so gorgeous!!
    Love them all!
    You have been busy and you are rockin the canvases!!
    You go Girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these canvases are amazing!!! LOVE LOVE that quote too!!! amazing!!! sorry about the laptop :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous canvases, Cheryl!!!
    Beautiful details!
    And bummer about the laptop. Technology can be so disappointing at times. Our flat screen stopped working one year after we bought it. Right after the warranty expired of course. But thankfully Mike was able to get it working again with a new part. Seriously, expensive items like that should last longer than a year or two!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!! I LOVE each and every one of them!